Girl of Nightmares  - Kendare Blake
I was really worried about reading Girl of Nightmares. Don't get me wrong, I really liked Anna Dressed in Blood, and, like I said in its review, I wanted to read its sequel as a natural consequence of reading a book I liked. But still, reading a sequel is always tricky because one can never know if it will live up to the expectations that are already formed in their mind.

In general, I think that Anna Dressed in Blood could have been a stand-alone and did not necessarily need a sequel. The good thing about this particular sequel, however, is that I liked it as much as I liked the first installment (keep in mind that the two books carry very different emotional charges). Girl of Nightmares gave a good closure to the extended story and the ending actually felt right, albeit a bit positive.

But make no mistake: there are some seriously creepy scenes in Girl of Nightmares. Lemme just say that, if these two books get filmed by somebody really good (Stephanie Meyer, please don't even think about it), the day the movies come out, bricks shall be shat in theaters all over the world.