Special Forces - Mercenaries Part II (Special Forces, #2 part 2) - Aleksandr Voinov,  Marquesate,  Vashtan
To say I am frustrated with this part is a way of putting it very, very mildly. The story of Vadim and Dan is one of the best romances I've ever read, and seeing it being fucked up this way is just beyond my comprehension. I get it, sometimes you need to go through a lot of shit to realize what you have, what you feel, yadda yadda yadda. But please, give me a break, do they really need so much shit? Don't think so...

Despite my frustration, I really am reluctant to give this book less than four stars; after all, we actually kind of managed to get to the point of some of the obviously important stuff between Dan and Vadim. This, however, does not mean that this book did not threaten the life of my Kindle on more than 100 occasions. Most of the time I was really pissed and mostly pissed with Dan. What the fuck, Dan? Seriously, there were times where I wanted to kill him with my bare hands. So, be warned: this book is filled with Vadim and Dan's love, friendship and relationship being put to a lot of tests. At the end of the day, the questions remain: how deep is your love, what are you ready to do and most importantly what are you willing to sacrifice? The book still deals with several serious topics and, again, delivers its message in a way that will not be everybody's cup of tea.

Anyways, my overall feeling is that the seed of realization was finally planted in this book, and I can't wait to see it grow. Hopefully, this is what I'll get in the series' finale...