Thoughtless (Thoughtless, #1) - S.C. Stephens
Let me start by saying that I don't want to offend the author or any reader who greatly enjoyed the book, but I feel the need to share my utter disappointment and disgust after reading it.

Love triangles. Although so common in life, they still hold a great potential in regards to writing a story about one. Unfortunately, this is not the case with Thoughtless. It's probably because the author didn't want to waste her time exploring the subject, when all she could do is write about pretty girls, hot guys, steamy sex (do you see the $ sings?). Well, that's what disappointed me, because (with a little bit of hard brain activity) one could really explore the issue of love triangles, is it really possible to love two people at the same time, to keep it in my pants or not to keep it in my pants, to cheat or not to cheat with one of your boyriend's/girlfriend's closest friends (you know, that kind of stuff) and write a wonderful book.

But nooooo, the author simply decided to create a perfect moron for her lead female character (and I'm putting this very mildly), put her in a love triangle situation, that is not even that complicated to begin with, and turn her into an armed madman on the loose. So, since going deeper into this would probably bring up some spoilers to this already rotten story, I would simply say that I'm disgusted by the way the author handles and presents such situations to an intended audience of young adults. I mean, come on, lady, we should not teach young women that it's ok to do what Kiera does, should we now (why is it that the word slut keeps flashing into my mind)?

And one more thing: Thoughtless made me cry myself to sleep. Wanna know why? Because at some point trees have been killed for this book to be printed...